Personal Injury Collision #43/2018,
The Queensway near Ellis Avenue
Broadcast time: 10:05
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Case #: 2018-1812203
On Monday, October 1, 2018, at 6:22 a.m., police responded to a report of a pedestrian that had been struck by a TTC streetcar in the The Queensway and Ellis Avenue area.
It is reported that:
- a 53-year-old man was walking on the dedicated streetcar right-of-way
- a TTC streetcar was travelling eastbound and engaged its emergency braking system
- the man was struck by the TTC streetcar
- the man was injured and fell under the streetcar
- the man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
Traffic Services is investigating and are seeking the assistance of local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Brett Moore, Traffic Services