Organized Crime Enforcement investigation,
One arrest, guns and drugs seized
Broadcast time: 08:45
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Organized Crime Enforcement
Case #: 2018-1816364
In September 2018, members of the Organized Crime Enforcement - Drug Squad began an investigation into a man allegedly selling powder cocaine in the city.
On Monday, October 1, 2018, officers executed a search warrant at a home in the Toronto area.
While at the search warrant, it is alleged that:
- a man returned home in his vehicle and as officers were in the process arresting him, he reached for a bag
- officers seized the bag and found a loaded Ruger SR9 9mm pistol loaded with nine rounds of ammunition
- the officers also found 20, SK 7.62mm rounds and 27, 9mm rounds
- during the search warrant, officers seized a SKS assault rifle.
Officers executed another search warrant on the man's vehicle.
It is further alleged that:
- a 9mm Luger handgun was found in the car.
This investigation continues and, as a result, the name of the man arrested will not be released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2510, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for A/Superintendent Bryan Bott, Organized Crime Enforcement