Young Offender charged in ongoing Fraud investigation,
Boy, facing 12 charges
Broadcast time: 17:05
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Case #: 2017-9018938
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in an ongoing fraud investigation.
It was reported that:
- an online fraud occurred between April 2017 and November 2017
- a Twitter account was used to contact Toronto Raptors fans in an effort to have them sign up for memberships to receive exclusive access to prime seating for the Raptors 2017-2018 season
- additional fees and taxes were placed on top of the tickets, which were never delivered to the victims as promised
On Saturday, October 6, 2018, a boy, 17-years-old at the time of the alleged offences, was arrested and charged with:
1. Eleven counts of Fraud Under $5000
2. Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over $5000
He appeared in court at Old City Hall, on Sunday, October 7, 2018.
Young People cannot be named under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The Toronto Police Service are concerned that there could be additional victims.
Anyone with information in relation to this fraud is asked to contact Detective Constable Elliott Lee at 416-808-5179, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Elliott Lee, 51 Division