Man arrested for Impaired Driving by Drug,
Highway 27 and Rexdale Boulevard,
Drugs and a firearm seized
Broadcast time: 16:30
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Case #: 2018-1947067
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in an Impaired Driving investigation.
On Monay, October 22, 2018, at approximately 5:14 a.m., officers responded to a call for an impaired driver in the Highway 27 and Rexdale Boulevard area.
It is alleged that:
- passersby noticed a black Range Rover in a ditch
- the driver began walking away from the scene
- officers located him a short distance away
- he was believed to be impaired and arrested
- a search uncovered a quantity of cocaine, a large quantity of money and a loaded firearm concealed in his clothing
Caesar Adafia, 31, of Brampton, is charged with:
1. Impaired Operation of Motor Vehicle by Drug
2. Two counts of Handle Firearm Carelessly
3. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Without Holding a Licence
4. Unlicensed Person Possess Restricted Weapon
5. Possess Restricted Firearm Knowingly not Holding a Licence
6. Possess Restricted Weapon Knowing No Authority
7. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
8. Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
9. Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
10. Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
11. Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
12. Possess Restricted Weapon Knowing No Authority
13. Possess Schedule I Substance for Trafficking
14. Unlawfully Possess Schedule I Substance
15. Possess Proceeds of Crime Over
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications