Drugs & Firearm Investigation,
King Street West and Dowling Avenue area,
Man Arrested, Gun Seized
Broadcast time: 08:15
Saturday, November 3, 2018
Case #: 2018-2019314
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in a Drugs and Firearm Investigation.
On Thursday, November 1, 2018, officers executed a search warrant in a residence in the King Street West and Dowling Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a quantity of cocaine and money were recovered
- a loaded, Para Ordinance 1911 LTC .45 calibre firearm was found
Hamdi Mohamed, 21, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Possess Loaded Firearm
2. Possess Restricted Firearm Not Holding a Licence
3. Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
4. Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
5. Store Firearm Carelessly
6. Store Ammunition Carelessly
7. Possess Schedule I Substance
8. Possess Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Friday, November 2, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 103.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Dan Pitre, West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit