Robbery / Hate Crime Investigation,
Nine Young Persons wanted,
Fairholme Avenue and Bathurst Street area
Broadcast time: 14:10
Monday, November 12, 2018
Case #: 2018-2082287
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance identifying and locating nine Young Persons wanted in a Robbery / Hate Crime Investigation.
On Sunday, November 11, 2018, at 8 p.m., officers responded to an Assault in the Fairholme Avenue and Bathurst Street area.
It is reported that:
- four, 17-year-old boys were walking in the area, all of whom were wearing attire of their religious faith
- as they passed another group of young persons, who were unknown to them, derogatory comments were made about their religion
- the unknown group then assaulted two of the 17-year-old boys, punching and kicking them
- a pair of sunglasses was stolen from one of the victims
- the unknown suspects split up and fled the area
Police were called and attending officers located and arrested one of the suspects involved in the assault
The victims of the assault received treatment for their injuries at the scene.
The outstanding suspects are described as in their early teens.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Angela Kahnt, 13 Division