Personal Injury Collision #60/2018,
Steeles Avenue East, east of Woodbine Avenue
Broadcast time: 20:30
Friday, November 30, 2018
Case #: 2018-2196256
On Thursday, November 29, 2018, at 5:38 p.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision on Steeles Avenue East, east of Woodbine Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 78-year-old man was parked in a 2019 Lexus in the car dealership lot
- an 85-year-old woman was in the back seat of the 2019 Lexus
- the man accelerated out of the parking lot onto Steeles Avenue East, losing control of his vehicle
- a 30-year-old woman was driving a 2017 Lexus eastbound on Steeles Avenue East, just east of Woodbine Avenue
- as the 2019 Lexus exited the parking lot, it travelled west, crossed over into the eastbound lanes of Steeles Avenue East, and struck the 2017 Lexus
- the 85-year-old female passenger of the 2019 Lexus sustained life-threatening injures and was transported to hospital.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services, for Acting Inspector Warren Wilson, Traffic Services