Man wanted in Robbery/Fraud Investigation,
Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue,
Security Camera Image Released
Broadcast time: 06:00
Sunday, December 23, 2018
Case #: 2018-2165532
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying a man wanted in a Robbery/Fraud investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, November 24, 2018, at approximately 6:35 p.m., a man entered the Eglinton Subway station through the south entrance, which is located just south of the Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue intersection
- at this point another male suspect bumped into him, causing him to stop walking
- the suspect then threatened the man with death and told him to follow him
- the man followed the instructions, and was led to an alleyway, where the suspect pointed a knife at him and made a demand for everything he had
- the man then handed his wallet over to the suspect, who grabbed it and was last seen fleeing on foot, southbound towards Hillsdale Avenue West
- Shortly after the suspect attempted to use the victim’s credit card at a nearby convenience store, which is located in close proximity to where the robbery took place, but was unsuccessful in his attempt
Security camera images of the suspect are attached.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Adrian Terzo, 53 Division