17-year-old Arrested in Shooting Investigation,
Jane Street and Finch Avenue West Area
Broadcast time: 10:28
Friday, December 28, 2018
Case #: 2018-2366356
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a shooting investigation.
On Thursday, December 27, 2018, at approximately 9:55 a.m., officers responded to a call for a shooting in the Jane Street and Finch Avenue West area.
It is alleged that:
- a 17-year-old man was walking in the area
- another male got out of a car and started shooting at him
- the 17-year-old boy produced a gun and returned fire
- the 17-year-old boy was struck and taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
Members of the West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit executed a Search Warrant in the area. A loaded Bersa S.A. .380 handgun was seized.
A 17-year-old boy, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Discharge Firearm with Intent to Endanger Life
2. Possess Loaded Firearm
3. Possess Prohibited Firearm Not Holding a Licence
4. Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
5. Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
He will appear in court at Toronto West court on Friday, December 28, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 204.
The boy cannot be named under provisions contained in the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Dan Petrie, 31 Division