Police request assistance in Fatal Collision #48/2018,
Nuthatch Lane and Doctor O Lane,
Broadcast time: 12:20
Friday, January 4, 2019
On Friday, September 21, 2018, at 4:07 p.m., officers responded to a call for See Ambulance in the Nuthatch Lane and Doctor O Lane area.
It is reported that:
- a 57-year-old man was found suffering from severe trauma
- he was transported to hospital but succumbed to his injuries
- it was believed he was assaulted
- a post-mortem examination revealed he had been struck by a vehicle
A vehicle of interest was seized.
On Thursday, January 3, 2019, Michelle Shemilt, 35, of Toronto, has been arrested.
She is charged with:
1. Leave accident scene resulting in bodily harm then death
2. Causing death by Criminal Negligence
She is scheduled to appear at College Park Courts on Thursday, February 14, 2019, at 2 p.m., in room 505
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Brett Moore, Traffic Services