Personal Injury Collision #2/2019,
Now Fatal #1/2019,
Close Avenue and Queen Street West
Broadcast time: 16:20
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Case #: 2019-40914
On Monday, January 7, 2019, at 8:12 p.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred on Close Avenue south of Queen Street West.
It is reported that:
- a 65-year-old woman was driving a Mazda, westbound on Queen Street West
- she turned left onto southbound Close Avenue
- a 60-year-old man was operating a personal mobility device, southbound on Close Avenue south of Queen Street West
- the vehicle struck the man on his personal mobility device
- the pedestrian sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019, the man died from his injuries.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services