Man and woman wanted,
Bloor Street West and Annex Area
Broadcast time: 19:30
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Case #: 2019-9000578
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance identifying a man and woman involved in a theft investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, January 5, 2019, at 6:45 p.m., a man and a woman walked into a bistro located in the Bloor Street West and Brunswick Avenue area.
- they both sat behind a 32-year-old woman, who was seated with three other people
- the man took the woman's laptop bag, which was on the floor
- he removed her laptop, iPad and personal belongings and passed it to the woman he was with
- the woman left the bistro, followed shortly by man
The woman is described as in her mid twenties to early thirties, between 5'3" to 5'5", with a medium build, straight light brown hair with possible highlights. She was wearing a glitter/sequin winter hat, a black jacket, black pants, and black winter boots. She was carrying a side bag.
The man is described as in his mid thirties to early forties, between 5'6" to 5'8", with a medium build. He was wearing a black toque, a blue bubble jacket, black pants and black shoes.
Police believe the man and woman are known to enter coffee shops or bistros on Bloor Street West in the evening around 5 p.m., to 7 p.m., and look for victims with bags not in their direct view. It is believed there could be additional victims of these thefts in the Bloor Street West and Annex area.
The public is reminded to keep bags and belongings in view at all times.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Cody Josephs, 14 Division