Dundas Street West and Bay Street,
Broadcast time: 11:15
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Case #: 2019-50384
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an investigation involving a man assaulting a TTC employee.
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, at 9 a.m, officers responded to a call for an Assault on a TTC streetcar driver at Dundas Street West and Chestnut Street
It is alleged that:
- a man entered the streetcar and began yelling profanities at the driver
- he then assaulted the driver and fled
- the man was arrested a short distance away
- the man was identified from a previous assault involving a TTC driver
Dean Watson, 62, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Two counts of Assault
2. Four counts of Fail to Comply Probation
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, January 10, 2019, at 10 a.m, in room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Pat Albergra, 52 Division