Police seeking assistance in identifying driver and vehicle that fled from police,
Humberline Drive north of Finch Avenue West
Broadcast time: 12:22
Friday, January 11, 2019
Case #: 2019-51085
The Toronto Police Service, Traffic Services is seeking the public's assistance in identifying a driver and vehicle that fled from police.
It is reported that:
- on Wednesday, January 9, 2019, at 10:56 a.m., an officer from Traffic Services was conducting speed enforcement duties on Humberline Drive north of Finch Avenue West
- the officer observed a vehicle speeding southbound on Humberline Drive and attempted to stop it
- the driver of the vehicle did not stop and fled from police
- the vehicle continued south on Humberline Drive, onto westbound Finch Avenue West, then onto the northbound Highway 427
- the officer followed in attempts to identify the vehicle and or the driver
- while on northbound Highway 427, the officer pulled up beside the driver’s side of the vehicle in attempts to identify the driver, at this point, the vehicle veered to the left and collided with the police vehicle
- the officer then discontinued the pursuit of the vehicle
- the suspect vehicle is described as a white Mercedes Sprinter Van, high roof, with no windows on the side panels of the van
- the vehicle may have damage and grey paint transfer all along the driver’s side of the van
The driver is described as having a medium complexion, mid-thirties, small goatee, and was wearing a dark toque
The rear licence plate AW54207, attached to the vehicle did not belong to the suspect vehicle
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services