Man arrested on warrants,
Woman Wanted for Failing to Stop for Police
Broadcast time: 13:50
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Case #: 2019-138646
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest of wanted man and are appealing to the public for help locating a woman who allegedly fled police.
It is alleged:
- on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, police observed a wanted man in a 2015 grey Jeep Cherokee with the licence plate BXYT858 in the Kingston road and Sandown Avenue area
- the vehicle did not stop for police
- a short pursuit took place and the man was arrested, however the woman driving the vehicle fled from police with the vehicle
John Brown, 49 of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1. Conspiracy to commit indictable offence
2. Aggravated assault
3. Forcible confinement
5. Assault with a weapon
7. Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
8. Flight while pursued by a peace office
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified as Rosemary Oleski, 35, of Toronto. Her photo is attached to this release.
She is currently wanted for the following:
1. Fail to Stop for Police
2. Flight while Pursued by a Peace Officer
3. Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
4. Accessory after the fact
She is encouraged to contact a lawyer and surrender to police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Ehsan Haghshenas, Detective Constable, 41 Division Major Crime Unit