Police request assistance with Fraud Over $5,000 investigation,
Woman is believed to be in the Sarnia area,
Broadcast time: 15:16
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Case #: 2019-133756
The Toronto Police Service Financial Crimes Unit is requesting the public's assistance in identifying a woman involved in a Fraud Over $5,000 investigation.
It is reported that:
- during the month of August 2018, a woman contacted a mortgage broker and applied for a mortgage on a property in the amount of $500,000
- the mortgage broker received financing through a mortgage lender
- a mortgage was registered on the property
- the woman received approximately $470,000 through a real estate lawyer
- the woman deposited the cheque into a bank account
- after the money was dispersed, it was discovered that the woman impersonated the real property owner
The woman in this investigation used fake identification to impersonate the real property owner. It is believed she may be in the Sarnia area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7310, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Adkin Holder, Financial Crimes Unit