Arrest made in Firearms and Drug Investigation,
Man faces 29 charges
Broadcast time: 10:07
Friday, February 1, 2019
Case #: 2019-149496
On Thursday, January 24, 2019, at approximately 11 a.m., the Toronto Police Service received a 9-1-1 Emergency Call in the area of Kennedy Road and Village Green Square.
It is alleged that:
- a man was in possession of five loaded restricted firearms, over 1kg of Heroin and over 2kg of Cocaine and a quantity of Xanax.
On Thursday, January 24, 2019, Nonde Karapetrov, 31, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. five counts of Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
2. five counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm
3. five counts of Possession of a Restricted Firearm while Prohibited
4. five counts of Possession of a Restricted Firearm knowing Possession unauthorized
5. two counts of Possession of a Prohibited device
6. Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
7. Unsafe Storage of Ammunition
8. Possession of Ammunition while Prohibited
9. Possession of a Prohibited device while Prohibited
10. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Heroin
11. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine
12. Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue on Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 10 a.m., room 412.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Dawn Eagleson, 42 Division