Fatal collision #10/2019,
Meadowvale Road and Dean Park Road
Broadcast time: 12:25
Saturday, February 2, 2019
Case #: 2019-198863
The Toronto Police Service requests the public's assistance with a traffic fatality investigation.
On Friday, February 1, 2019, at 2:58 a.m., officers responded to a call for a personal injury collision in the Meadowvale Road and Dean Park Road area.
It is reported that:
- a 33-year-old man was driving a BMW, southbound on Meadowvale Road approaching Dean Park Road
- a 40-year-old man was driving a Pontiac van, with a 39-year-old passenger, eastbound on Dean Park Road approaching Meadowvale Road
- both vehicles entered the intersection at the same time
- the BMW t-boned the Pontiac
- the driver of the Pontiac sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene
- the driver of the BMW and the passenger in the Pontiac, sustained non-life threatening injuries and were transported to hospital
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Alexander Crews, Traffic Services