Fail to Remain Person Injury Collision,
1440 Lawrence Avenue West,
Security camera images of vehicle of interest released
Broadcast time: 15:45
Thursday, February 21, 2019
Case #: 2019-250692
On Friday, February 8, 2019, at 9:45 p.m., police responded to a call for a Fail to Remain Personal Injury Collision at 1440 Lawrence Avenue West.
It is reported that:
- a 55-year-old male pedestrian was crossing the driveway of 1440 Lawrence Avenue West, from the north to the south side
- a white van, which was travelling southbound on the driveway, struck the pedestrian
- the driver and passenger of the white van stopped and exited the vehicle, and had a brief conversation with the victim while he laid on the ground
- the driver and the passenger then got back into the vehicle and fled the scene
- the pedestrian was transported to hospital with serious injuries
Officers responded and the investigation has revealed that:
- the collision occurred late in the evening and video evidence shows that there were other people, who may be residents of the building, were in the parking lot at the time of the incident
- investigators believe that others may have seen the collision and observed or know the suspect vehicle
- the driver and/or occupants of the suspect vehicle may be residents of the building or know someone who lives there
Traffic Services investigators are seeking assistance from the public in locating the vehicle and identifying the driver. Any local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident, or anyone who has information, please contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Alexander Crews, Traffic Services