Broadcast time: 15:55
Monday, February 25, 2019
Case #: 2019-280437
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest and subsequent firearms seizure.
It is alleged that:
- On Thursday, February 7, 2019, at approximately 3:40 p.m., a shooting occurred at a library in the Keele Street and Wilson Avenue area
- no one was injured
The Toronto Police Service West Command, Gun Violence Suppression Unit, started an investigation.
On Sunday, February 24, 2019, officers, with the assistance of the Ontario Provincial Police, executed a Criminal Code search warrant at an address in Bracebridge, Ontario.
Four people were arrested and charged with numerous firearm offences by the Ontario Provincial Police - Bracebridge Detachment.
It is further alleged that:
- inside the residence, police located numerous firearms
Nathaniel White, 20, of Toronto, was arrested during the search warrant and charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
3. Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
4. Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
5. Discharge Firearm with Intent
6. Breach of Recognizance
He was scheduled to appear in court at the Bracebridge Courthouse, 3 Dominion Street, Bracebridge, Ontario, on Monday, February 25, 2019, at 10 a.m.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Kevin Moore, West Command, Gun Violence Suppression Unit