Police seek assistance in a Break and Enter Investigation,
Broadcast time: 11:45
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Case #: 2019-347888
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance in a break and enter investigation.
On Sunday, February 24, 2019, in the early morning hours a break and enter occurred at a shelter in the Warden Avenue and St Clair Avenue East area.
It is alleged:
- two men took the following items from inside the shelter: 26 HP computers, three microwaves, two 50" Samsung TVs and Bosch hammer drill
- the men used a silver minivan to move the majority of the items and one man returned twice in a grey sedan
On Monday, February 25, 2019, 41 Division Major Crime officers identified a suspect and executed a Criminal Code search warrant at his residence. Inside the residence a firearm was located.
Delagio Emmanuel Harris Scott, 20, of Brampton, was arrested and charged with:
1. three counts of Break and Enter
2. Possession of Property obtained by crime Over $5,000
3. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
4. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
5. Careless storage of a firearm
6. Careless storage of ammunition
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, on Tuesday, February 26, 2019, at 10 a.m.
One man is still outstanding in this investigation as well as the property.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable, Andrew Court, 41 Division