Immigration Fraud Investigation,
Broadcast time: 09:30
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Case #: 2019-328126
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an immigration fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
- the man is the owner of a company called "Immigration Experts"
- between 2018 and 2019, he was working as an immigration consultant and assisting clients with their immigration application to become a permanent resident of Canada
- in January 2019, it was discovered that he had not completed his client's application
- the man had been suspended by the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) since December 2017 and his license was revoked in January 2018
- the man then offered to sponsor his client and tell immigration that he was in a common-law relationship with her
On Monday, February 25, 2019, Dunstan Munro, 67, of Ajax, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Fraud over $5000
2. Counsel an Uncommitted Indictable Offence
He is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, March 28, 2019, at 1 p.m., at 1000 Finch Avenue West, room 301.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7310, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Detective Adkin Holder, Financial Crimes