Don Mills Road and York Mills Road area,
Broadcast time: 15:00
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Case #: 2019-360253
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest and firearm seizure.
On Tuesday, February 26, 2019, at 9 a.m., the Toronto Police Service received information that a firearm had been located inside a residence in the Don Mills Road and York Mills Road area.
It is alleged that:
- officers attended the residence and located a loaded, prohibited, 380 caliber firearm
On Tuesday, February 26, 2019, Brandon Mapp-Farouk, 19, of Toronto, was arrested and is charged with:
1. Possess Prohibited Firearm without Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
2. Possess Prohibited Firearm Knowingly not Holding a Licence and Registration
3. Certificate Possess Firearm while Prohibited
4. Possess Prohibited Device Knowing no Authority
5. Possess of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
6. Store Firearm Carelessly
7. Alter Serial Number on Firearm
He appeared in court, at 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Sean Coutts, 33 Division