Investment Fraud Investigation
Seyed Mohammadali Nojoumi, 39, faces charges
Broadcast time: 09:55
Friday, March 1, 2019
Case #: 2017-1798952
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an investment fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
- Between 2011 and 2015, a man represented himself as independent successful foreign exchange currency trader
- he owned a company called "World of Forex Corp" that was never registered to invest
It is further alleged that:
- a then 32-year-old man invested $395,000 US dollars
- the agreements were never fulfilled
On Thursday, February 28, 2019, Seyed Mohammadali Nojoumi, 39, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Fraud over $5,000
2. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, April 11, 2019, 1 p.m., room 301.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
TPS Financial Crimes would like to thank the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) for their assistance with this investigation.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Dectective Constable Siu Mia Ng, Financial Crimes