Fatal collision #10/2019,
Meadowvale Road and Dean Park Road,
Broadcast time: 11:45
Friday, March 8, 2019
Case #: 2019-198863
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in a traffic fatality investigation.
On Friday, February 1, 2019, at 2:58 a.m., officers responded to a call for a personal injury collision in the Meadowvale Road and Dean Park Road area.
It is reported that:
- a 33-year-old man was driving a BMW, southbound on Meadowvale Road approaching Dean Park Road
- a 40-year-old man was driving a Pontiac van, with a 39-year-old passenger, eastbound on Dean Park Road approaching Meadowvale Road
- both vehicles entered the intersection at the same time
- the BMW t-boned the Pontiac
- the driver of the Pontiac sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene
- the driver of the BMW and the passenger in the Pontiac, sustained non-life threatening injuries and were transported to hospital
On Thursday, March 7, 2019, Anthony Eccles, 33, of Pickering, surrendered to police. He has been charged with:
1. Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Causing Death
2. Impaired Operation of a Conveyance Causing Death
3. In Excess of 80mgs Operation of a Conveyance Cause Death
4. Possession of a Schedule I Substance
He was scheduled to appear in court, at Old City Hall, on Thursday, March 7, 2019.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Alexander Crews, Traffic Services