Assault Police Officer investigation,
Weston Road and Lawrence Avenue,
Broadcast time: 12:40
Sunday, March 10, 2019
Case #: 2019-434638
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a man wanted in an investigation into an Assault Police Officer.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, March 9, 2019, at approximately 3:20 p.m., a Toronto Police Officer conducted a traffic stop in the area of Weston Road and Lawrence Avenue West area
- the male driver exited the vehicle, approached the female officer and assaulted her by punching her several times about the head
- he was last seen fleeing on foot, southbound on Weston Road
- the officer received medical treatment for her injuries, which were serious but non-life-threatening
The man has been identified as Dwayne Banfield, 31, of Toronto, he is wanted for:
1. Assault Police Officer Causing Bodily Harm
2. Escape Lawful Custody
3. Obstruct Police
4. Drive Motor Vehicle, no validation on plate
He is described as 5'7" to 5'9", with a thin build, and short braids. He was wearing a bucket-style hat, possibly with white and blue colouring, a camouflage coat with a vertical zipper on the left upper arm, a name plate over the left chest bone, an unknown chain on left shoulder, and green pants.
He is to be considered violent. If seen, do not approach, call 9-1-1 immediately.
His photograph has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Daniel Ferrito, 12 Division