Personal Injury Fail To Remain Collision #25/2019,
College Street and Spadina Avenue,
Photograph of vehicle released
Broadcast time: 13:10
Monday, April 15, 2019
Case #: 2019-671452
On Sunday, April 14, 2019, at 1:51 a.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred on College Street and Spadina Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 21-year-old man was standing at the TTC streetcar stop, which has a glass shelter on a median, between the passing lane and curb lane of westbound College Street, just east of Spadina Avenue
See previous release.
- the driver of the suspect vehicle passed at least three motor vehicles that were stopped in the passing lane of westbound College Street at Spadina Avenue, between the stopped vehicles and the TTC streetcar stop
- the vehicle mounted the TTC traffic median, striking the glass shelter and the pedestrian
- the driver fled the scene in the vehicle
- the pedestrian sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital
- investigators attended the scene and found a side view mirror. Upon further investigation, investigators have determined that the part belongs to a Ford Expedition, year 2015 to 2017, or a Lincoln Navigator, year 2007 to 2017
Police are urging the suspect to speak to a lawyer and to contact our investigators in regards to this collision.
An image of the suspect vehicle was obtained from local security video footage.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services