Arrest in Shooting investigation,
Islington Avenue and Rexdale Avenue area,
Man, 20, charged
Broadcast time: 07:05
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Case #: 2019-709122
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made to a shooting investigation
It is alleged that:
- on Friday, April 19, 2019, at approximately 8:30 p.m., an 18-year-old woman was shot in the back in the Islington Avenue and Rexdale Avenue area
Toronto Police Service - West Gun Violence Suppression Unit began the investigation.
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019, a Criminal Code search warrant was executed in the same area, J'vonne Montague, 20, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Discharge Firearm Being Reckless as to the life or safety of another person
2. Handle Firearm Carelessly
3. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm knowingly not holding a licence
4. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
5. Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
6. Possess Firearm while Prohibited
7. Possess Ammunition while Prohibited
8. Possess Firearm while Prohibited
9. Possess Ammunition while Prohibited
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 10 a.m.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Kevin Moore, 23 Division