Arrest made in Firearms Seizure,
Birchmount Road and St. Clair Avenue East area,
Man Arrested, Faces 13 Charges
Broadcast time: 12:25
Friday, April 26, 2019
Case #: 2019-741623
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest and firearm seizure.
On Thursday, April 25, 2019, at 4:10 a.m., officers conducted a highway traffic stop in the area of Birchmount Road and St. Clair Avenue East.
It is alleged that:
- police located a loaded firearm inside the vehicle
Joel Barnor, 36, of Toronto was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Use Plate Unauthorized
2. Drive Under Suspension
3. Fail to Comply - Recognizance
4. Careless Use of Firearm
5. Possession a Restricted Firearm
6. Possess a Restricted Weapon without being the holder of a Licence
7. Possess a Restricted Firearm knowingly not being the holder of a Licence
8. Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
9. Possess a Loaded Restricted Firearm
10. three counts of Possess a Firearm while Prohibited
11. Fail to Comply Probation
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Friday, April 26, 2019, at 10 a.m.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Andrew Binning, 41 Division