Man charged in Discharge Firearm Investigation,
Loaded semi-automatic handgun seized,
Martin Grove Road and Albion Road area
Broadcast time: 10:10
Monday, April 29, 2019
Case #: 2019-766730
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a Discharge Firearm investigation.
On Sunday, April 28, 2019, at approximately 8 p.m., a 29-year-old man was in the area of Martin Grove Road and Albion Road.
It is alleged that:
- a man was armed with a .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun, while driving a vehicle
- for reasons not yet established, the man discharged his handgun numerous times into several residential housing units as he drove slowly past the complex
- multiple people were inside the units
- no injuries were reported
- officers from the West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit were in the area on an unrelated investigation and witnessed the incident
- officers followed the vehicle and attempted to stop the vehicle but initial attempts were ineffective
- uniform officers assisted and the man was arrested after colliding with a parked car in the Jane Street and Shoreham Court area
- officers attended the area of the initial attempt at a vehicle stop and located a .40 caliber Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun
- after a Criminal Code search warrant was applied for, granted and executed on the vehicle, officers found spent ammunition casings, live rounds of ammunition, and a holster for a semi-automatic handgun
Dwayne Senior, 29, of Brampton, faces charges of:
1. Careless Storage of a Firearm
2. Possess Loaded Firearm
3. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm without holding a license and registration Certificate
4. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm knowingly not holding a license and registration Certificate
5. Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
6. Discharge Firearm being reckless as to the life or safety of another person
7. Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
8. Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
9. Flight While Pursued By Peace Officer
10. Possession of a Prohibited Device
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Monday, April 29, 2019, at 10 a.m.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jason Taylor, Gun Violence Suppression Unit