Sporting Life 10 km Run/Walk,
On Sunday, May 12, 2019,
Broadcast time: 11:00
Friday, May 10, 2019
Public Safety - Major Events
On Sunday, May 12, 2019, MaxVO2 Managememnt Inc will be hosting the 23rd Annual Sporting Life 10K Run. The organizers are expecting approximately 22,000 runners to participate in the run.
Yonge Street will close between Eglinton Avenue and Davisville Avenue beginning at 4:30 a.m., in preparation for the event.
At 7:30 a.m., road closures for the run route will commence. Road closures include:
- Yonge Street from Davisville Avenue to
- Richmond Street from Yonge Street to Jarvis Street
- Jarvis Street from Richmond Street to Adelaide
- Adelaide from Jarvis Street to York Street
- York Street from Adelaide to Richmond Street
- Richmond Street from York Street to Peter Street
- Peter Street from Richmond Street to Front Street
- Front Street from Peter Street to Bathurst Street
- Bathurst Street from Front Street to Fort York Boulevard
- Fort York Boulevard from Bathurst Street to just west of Angelique Street north of Fleet Street
The finish line for the run is on Fort York Boulevard just west of Angelique Street north of Fleet Street. Fleet Street is scheduled to reopen at 12:30 p.m.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and consider alternate routes.
Toronto Transit Commission routes are being diverted. The following routes will be affected:
11 Bayview, 14 Glencairn, 28 Bayview South, 94 Wellesley, 97 Yonge, 121 Fort Fort-Esplanade, 300 Bloor-Danforth, 307 Bathurst, 320 Yonge, 332 Eglinton West, 334 Eglinton East, 354 Lawence East, 501 Queen, 504 King, 505 Dundas, 506 Carlton, 509 Harbourfront, 510 Spadina, 511 Bathurst and 512 St. Clair
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Susan Guadagnano, Public Order - Major Events