Arrest made in investigation into Theft/ Fraud at hospitals,
Melanie Beskorowany, 27, faces charges
Broadcast time: 08:08
Sunday, May 5, 2019
Case #: 2019-603767
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an investigation into a series of thefts from Toronto area hospitals.
It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at 6:34 a.m., an unknown woman entered the employee locker area of North York General Hospital
- the woman removed several items of property, including a set of vehicle keys
- she then exited the hospital, and was able to locate the vehicle from the keys she stole, and drove away in the vehicle
- the woman also had stolen bank cards which were later used in fraudulent transactions.
- she is responsible for similar type offences throughout Ontario.
See previous release.
On Sunday, May 5, 2019, Melanie Beskorowany, 27, of Toronto, was arrested. She is charged with:
1. Theft of Motor Vehicle
2. Fraud Under $5,000
3. Fail to Comply Recognizance
She is scheduled to appear in court on Sunday, May 5, 2019, at Old City Hall, 10:00 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Lori Kranenburg, 32 Division and Detective Constable Christopher Dowling, 33 Division