Arrest made in execution of warrant,
Jordan McInerney-Brooks, 21, facing nine charges
Broadcast time: 08:31
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Case #: 2019-811535
On Sunday, May 5, 2019, at approximately 7:50 a.m., officers executed a search warrant in the Victoria Park Avenue and St. Clair Avenue East area.
The following items were alleged to have been seized:
- a loaded firearm
- a quantity of ammunition
- a silencer for a firearm
- brass knuckles
- a quantity of cocaine
Jordan McInerney-Brooks, 21, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Without Holding A Licence
2. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Hold A Licence
3. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
4. Use/Handle/Store Firearm Carelessly
5. Possess Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
6. Possess Proceeds Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
7. Possess Prohibited Weapon Knowing No Authority
8. Possess Prohibited Device Knowing No Authority
9. Possess Firearm With Altered Serial Number
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Monday, May 6, 2019, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Lene Dyke, 33 Division