Personal Injury Collision #29/2019,
Lake Shore Boulevard East at Woodbine Avenue
Broadcast time: 08:28
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Case #: 2019-824432
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 2:11 a.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred on Lake Shore Boulevard East at Woodbine Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 25-year-old man was driving a Mazda eastbound Lake Shore Boulevard East approaching Woodbine Avenue
- a 20-year-old woman was a passenger in the front right seat of the Mazda
- the driver of the Mazda failed to negotiate the curve in the road, lost control and struck a parked unoccupied Honda in the northbound curb lane of Woodbine Avenue
- the Mazda continued, mounted the east curb, striking a planter box and hydro pole
- as a result of the initial collision with the Honda, the Honda was pushed into a parked, unoccupied Nissan. The Nissan was then pushed into a parked unoccupied Honda Van
- the driver of the Mazda sustained life threatening injuries and was transported to hospital
- the passenger of the Mazda sustained injuries and was transported to hospital, her injuries were later determined to be non-life threatening
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services