Fatal #18/2019, and,
Personal Injury Collision #30/2019,
Brimley Road and McNicoll Avenue
Broadcast time: 07:36
Monday, May 13, 2019
Case #: 2019-846736
On Friday, May 10, 2019, at 1:24 a.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred on Brimley Road north of McNicoll Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 16-year-old boy was driving a Mercedes on southbound Brimley Road north of McNicoll Avenue. There was also a 14-year-old-boy in the front right passenger seat, and a 16-year-old boy in the rear seat of the car
- the vehicle lost control, mounted the west curb and struck a light standard. The vehicle continued for a short distance on the west curb where it came to rest with the light standard lying on top of the vehicle
- the driver sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital where he succumbed to his injuries
- the passenger in the front right seat, sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital
- the passenger in the rear seat, sustained serious injuries and was transported to hospital
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services