Personal Injury collision #31/2019,
Lake Shore Boulevard West at Kipling Avenue
Broadcast time: 08:30
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Case #: 2019-865737
On Sunday, May 12, 2019, at 8:48 p.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred on Lake Shore Boulevard West at Kipling Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 41-year-old woman was driving a Acura in the curb lane of eastbound Lake Shore Boulevard West approaching Kipling Avenue
- at the same time, there was a TTC streetcar travelling in the passing lane of eastbound Lake Shore Boulevard West approaching Kipling Avenue to service the TTC streetcar stop located on the southwest side of the intersection
- the driver of the Acura passed TTC streetcar
- a 40-year-old woman was standing on the south-west side of Lake Shore Boulevard West at Kipling Avenue at a TTC streetcar stop. The woman stepped out onto the curb lane of eastbound Lake Shore Boulevard West and was struck by the driver of the Acura
- the pedestrian sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services