Police seek assistance with shooting investigation,
Queen Street West and Roncesvalles Ave,
Man, 19, faces multiple charges
Broadcast time: 07:25
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Case #: 2019-986263
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance with a Shooting investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Wednesday, May 29, 2017, at 6:30 p.m., Police responded to a sound of gunshots in the area of Queen Street West and Roncesvalles Avenue
- responding officers located and arrested a male suspect
Alec Subero, 19, of Toronto has been charged with:
1) Attempt Murder
2) Discharge Firearm with Intent to Endanger Life
3) Reckless Discharge of Firearm
4) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
5) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Unauthorized
6) Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
7) Fail to Comply with Recognizance
He is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, May 30, 2019, at Old City Hall, 10:00 a.m.
Police believe there were a number of witnesses in the area and are asking anyone who may have dash camera video, cell phone video or who witnessed the shooting to contact Police. We are also urging members of the public to check their property and notify Police if they locate anything suspicious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jason Hunter, 11 Division - Major Crime Unit