Arrest made in Robbery Investigation
Man faces nine charges
Broadcast time: 07:00
Thursday, June 6, 2019
Case #: 2019-934854
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, the Toronto Police Service received a call for a Robbery with a Firearm in theHumberwood Boulevard and Rexdale Boulevard area.
It is alleged that:
- a male arranged a drug transaction between the victim and another male
- they met up and a firearm was produced, the victim was robbed of his money
Search warrants were executed at two addresses and on a motor vehicle.
It is furthler alleged that:
- a sawed off shot gun and replica Uzi machine gun were seized
On Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 6:05 p.m., Abeku Kegya Wie-Addo, 21, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
2. Use Imitation Firearm to Commit an Indictable Offence
3. Possession Property Obtained by Crime
4. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
5. Possession Firearm Knowing its Unauthorized
6. Possession Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
7. Possession Firearm Obtained by Crime
8. Careless Storage Firearm
9. Possession of Cocaine
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 10 a.m., courtroom 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Michael Allen, 23 Division