Police Seek Assistance with Shooting investigation on-board TTC bus,
Bloor Street West and Islington Avenue area
Broadcast time: 07:45
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Case #: 2019-1053925
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance in a Shooting Investigation.
On Saturday, June 8, 2019, at approximately 4:15 a.m., police responded to a shooting on-board a TTC bus, which was located at the intersection of Bloor Street West and Islington Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a TTC bus was travelling westbound on Bloor Street West carrying approximately 15-20 passengers
- two male passengers who were seated near the rear of bus became involved in a verbal dispute
- one of the males involved in the dispute then removed a handgun from the satchel of another male who he was in the company of
- he then shot the male he had been in the dispute with
- another man who was not involved, attempted to intervene, and he was also shot by the same man who was armed with the gun
- as the armed man was attempting to flee out of the bus, he dropped the handgun
- a female companion of the armed man, picked up the handgun, and all three suspects fled on foot
- once he bus stopped, most of the passengers in the bus left prior to police arrival
- both victims suffered serious injuries, and were taken to hospital
Suspect #1 (who allegedly fired the gun), is described as a male wearing a blue jacket and sunglasses.
Suspect #2 (who allegedly wearing a light-coloured satchel, carrying the firearm), is described as a male wearing a black hooded top.
Suspect #3 (who allegedly picked up the firearm), is described as a female wearing a dark-coloured jacket.
Security camera images of the three suspects are attached.
Investigators are asking anyone who was a passenger on the bus, or who may have been in the area at the time of the the shooting, or anyone with any information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective James Brons, 22 Division