Fatal Collision #23/2019,
Dundas Street East and Regent Park Boulevard area
Broadcast time: 09:20
Friday, June 21, 2019
Case #: 2019-1143584
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at approximately 1:15 p.m., responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision at Dundas Street East and Regent Park Boulevard.
It is reported that:
- a 39-year-old woman was standing on the southeast corner of the intersection
- a 40-year-old man was driving a Mazda CX9 on eastbound Dundas Street East approaching Regent Park Boulevard
- the driver of the Mazda lost control of his vehicle, mounting the southeast curb. The vehicle struck a fire hydrant before striking the pedestrian
- the pedestrian sustained fatal injuries and succumbed to her injuries at the scene
- the driver of the Mazda fled the scene of the collision on foot, but was arrested by police a short distance away
Joshua Smoke, 40, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Impaired Operation of a Conveyance Causing Death
2) Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Causing Death
3) Leave Accident Scene Causing Death
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Friday, June 21, 2019, 10 a.m., room 501.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services