Sexual Interference / Make Child Pornography investigation,
William (Wil) Christopher Claveria, 32, facing 22 charges
Broadcast time: 10:40
Thursday, July 4, 2019
Case #: 2019-1081233
On Thursday, July 4, 2019, Detective Constable Don Bai of Sex Crimes held a news conference about an arrest in a Child Exploitation investigation.
The news conference can be viewed on Toronto Police YouTube channel.
It is alleged that:
- in 2018, children were sexually assaulted by a man attending "Word And Life Christian Assembly," located at 500 Coldstream Avenue
It is further alleged that:
- in 2018, children were sexually assaulted by a man attending the "Jesus Reigns Forever International Ministry," located at 1177 Finch Avenue West
On Wednesday, June 12, 2019, members of the Toronto Police Sex Crimes – Child Exploitation Section, executed a search warrant in the Bathurst Street and Sheppard Avenue West area.
William (Wil) Christopher Claveria, 32, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Two counts of Possession Child Pornography
2) Two counts of Access Child Pornography
3) Distribute Child Pornography
4) Five counts of Sexual Assault
5) Five counts of Sexual Interference
6) Six counts of Make Child Pornography
He is scheduled to appear next in court at 1000 Finch Avenue East, on Friday, July 5, 2019, at 10 a.m., room 306.
Police believe he is affiliated to places of worship in the Filipino community.
Police believe there may be additional victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Reporting can also be made at Canada’s National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at www.cybertip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of the Solicitor General.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Don Bai, Sex Crimes