Police seek assistance with Robbery investigation,
Security camera images released
**PHOTOS REMOVED of Suspect 1**
Broadcast time: 15:15
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Case #: 2019-455558
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance with a Robbery investigation.
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at approximately 7:25 p.m., the victim was sitting inside a coffee shop in the St. Clair Avenue East and Yonge Street area.
It is reported that:
- the victim was sitting alone studying
- an unknown man walked into the coffee shop from the Yonge Street entrance along with an unknown woman
- he proceeded to walk behind the victim, pushed her forcibly forward
- he then grabbed the victim's jacket as she was leaning forward
- he fled the scene while the victim chased him northbound Yonge Street, the woman who entered the coffee shop with him ran southbound Yonge Street
The man was described as 18-20 years, short brown hair, clean shaven, wearing a shiny black jacket, black zipper sweater, dark blue jeans noticeably rolled up at the bottom, and black skater type shoes.
The woman was described as 18-20 years, long brown or black hair mid-back length, wearing a black jacket, red running shoes, black backpack possibly 'Jansen' brand.
It is further reported that:
- the victim's bank cards were used at a convenience store in the Deer Park Road and St. Clair Avenue West area
- another man was with the same above man while using the stolen bank cards
This man was described as 50-60 years, white or grey hair, rectangular rim glasses, wearing a dark hoodie, grey and black patterned jacket.
Security camera images released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Francisco Jimenez, 53 Division