Police seeking assistance with an Aggravated Assault investigation,
Broadcast time: 10:11
Saturday, July 6, 2019
Case #: 2019-1254948
The Toronto Police Service is is requesting the public's assistance locating a man wanted in an Aggravated Assault investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, July 5, 2019, at approximately 9:15 p.m., a man was at the Yonge-Dundas Square conversing in a group
- a second man who was standing within the group, was concealing a knife
- for reasons unknown, the second man approached the first man from the side and slashed him in the neck
- the male suspect was last seen fleeing on foot westbound on Dundas Street West
- the victim was taken to hospital where he was treated for serious, but non-life threatening injuries
The suspect is described as male/black, 18-24 years of age, approximately 5’10” - 6’ feet tall, with a medium build and short curly dark hair.
He was wearing a light blue hooded top with “Bench” written across the chest in white lettering, multi-coloured checkered pants, and white running shoes.
His photograph is attached.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Ryan Chung, 52 Division