Victoria Park Avenue and Gerrard Street East area,
Jameal Johnson, 36, wanted
Broadcast time: 17:10
Monday, July 8, 2019
Case #: 2019-1256476
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a man wanted in a shooting investigation, in the Victoria Park Avenue and Gerrard Street East area.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, July 6, 2019, at approximately 2 a.m., a man was driving his vehicle eastbound on Danforth Avenue at Main Street, when he had an interaction with another man, 19, who was in his own vehicle
- after a brief interaction the the 19-year-old man drove off southbound Main Street from Danforth Avenue, followed by the man, who attempted to cut him off
- the 19-year-old man then drove eastbound on Gerrard Street East towards Victoria Park Avenue, as another vehicle also began following him
- the 19-year-old then drove northbound on Victoria Park Avenue, as both of the other vehicles attempted to box him in and force him off the road
- in doing so, both the 19-year-olds and the other man's vehicles sustained damage
- the man was then able to pull up beside the 19-year-old man's vehicle, and pointed a handgun at him, and a shot was fired
Jameal Wayne Johnson, 36, of Toronto, is wanted for:
1) Dangerous Driving
2) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
3) Possession of a Weapon
4) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
5) Pointing a Firearm
6) Discharge Firearm with Intent to Wound Endanger Life
7) Possess Firearm While Prohibited
He should be considered armed and dangerous. Call 9-1-1 immediately if he is seen.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Brad Relph, 55 Division