Arrest made in fraud investigation,
One woman faces six fraud related charges
Broadcast time: 15:50
Friday, July 26, 2019
Case #: 2019-433131
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an ongoing Fraud Investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between February 2019 to March 2019, a 60 year-old woman met a person on an online-dating site who identified themselves as a wealthy architect living in Toronto
- the online dating relationship commenced through emails, text message and phone calls
- the wealthy architect living in Toronto was fabricated and the woman was defrauded of over $291,000.00
On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, Kaosiso Ezibe, 24 of Vaughan, was arrested. She is charged with:
1. Fraud Over
2. Laundering Proceeds of Crime
3. two counts of Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over
4. two counts of Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under
She was scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Friday, July 26, 2019 at 9:30 a.m, room 507.
Police believe that there may be additional victims and remind the public of the dangers of meeting unknown persons online.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable, Dana Clark, 42 Division Fraud Unit