Personal Injury Collision,
Gerrard Street West at Elizabeth Street
Broadcast time: 11:45
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Case #: 2019-1431003
On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, at approximately 12:39 a.m., police received a report of a collision in the Gerrard Street West and Elizabeth Street area.
It is reported that:
- a 30-year-old man was driving a Honda motor vehicle in the area of Gerrard Street West and Elizabeth Street and struck a 50-year-old male pedestrian, the driver then fled the scene in the vehicle. Police quickly located the driver and arrested him in the Dundas Street West and Elizabeth Street area
It is believed that:
- the same driver is responsible for leaving the road and striking the front of a store at 465 Yonge Street either before or after striking the male pedestrian
This investigation consists of three different locations. Members from Traffic Services have been assigned to investigate.
Hozeir Kazemi, 31, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Fail to Stop After Accident – Cause Bodily Harm
2) Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Cause Bodily Harm
3) Operation of a Conveyance While Impaired – Cause Bodily Harm
He is scheduled to attend court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 10 a.m. room 101.
Police are asking local residents, business, drivers, or anyone in the area(s) who may have observed what happened or have security or dash camera footage of the area(s)or incident(s), to contact investigators.
In 2019, the Toronto Police Service have charged over 750 drivers with an impaired driving related criminal offence. These events are happening too often in our communities and often result in someone getting hurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Brett Moore, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services