Two men arrested in numerous Break and Enter investigations,
Broadcast time: 10:00
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Case #: 2019-1468035
Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in numerous Break and Enter investigations.
On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at approximately 2:24 a.m., officers responded to a call for a person with a gun, in the Medulla Avenue and Coronet Road area.
It is alleged that:
- a man was observed breaking into the rear of a building
- he stole a quantity of merchandise
- he fled the area in a silver minivan
- officers alerted to his description, stopped the van a short distance away
- two men were arrested
David Richards, 60, of Brampton, is charged with:
1. 30 counts of Break and Enter
2. 30 counts of Wear Disguise in Commission of Indictable Offence
3. two counts of Possession of Burglar's Tools
4. two counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000
Najam Mahmood, 33, of Brampton, is charged with:
1. two counts of Break and Enter
2. two counts of Possession of Burglar's Tools
They both appeared in court at Old City Hall, on Monday, August 5, 2019, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
A Criminal Code search warrant was executed on an address. It is alleged that the following items were seized:
- a large quantity of high-end watches
- a large quantity of jewelry
- numerous designer bags
- seized property has a value in excess of $300,000
Richards, is further alleged to have been:
- breaking into additional commercial properties, mainly wholesale produce and food business
- stolen cash, gold and jewelry from properties
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jim Brons, 22 Division