Arrest made in Firearms investigation,
Lombard Street and Church Street area,
Man, 19, faces several charges
Broadcast time: 09:00
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Case #: 2019-1508609
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a shooting investigation.
On Monday, August 5, 2019, at approximately 4:16 a.m., Police responded to reports of a shooting in the Lombard Street and Church Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a vehicle pulled up to a parked vehicle and occupants from inside the vehicle fired several shots and wounded two men who were seated inside the parked vehicle
- a man, one of the occupants of the parked vehicle, returned fire and fired several shots
- The man subsequently fled the scene on foot
Members of 51 Division Major Crime Unit commenced an investigation and identified the man who is alleged to have fired back at the first vehicle.
On Friday August 9, 2019, a criminal code search warrant was executed in the area of Parliament Street and Gerrard Street East.
A loaded firearm was alleged to have been seized.
Malieck Mohamed, 19, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1. two counts of Attempt Murder
2. Discharge with Intent
3. Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
4. Unauthorized possession of a firearm
5. Careless Storage of a Firearm
6. Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized
7. Possessing weapon obtained by Commission of offence
He is scheduled to appear in court on Saturday, August 10, 2019, at Old City Hall, at 10:00 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Abdullah Nuri, 51 Division