Kenniel Lloyd McLennon, 30, arrested and charged in shooting investigation with multiple victims,
Keele Street and Finch Avenue West area
Broadcast time: 12:35
Monday, August 12, 2019
Case #: 2019-1474276
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in relation to a recent shooting.
It is alleged that:
- on Monday, August 5, 2019, at approximately 2 a.m., several gun shots were fired inside a nightclub located in the Finch Avenue West and Keele Street area
- as a result of the shooting, 4 individuals sustained gunshot wounds
- one victim was rushed to hospital with serious injuries and three of the victim’s wounds were non-life threatening
The Toronto Police Service – West Gun Violence Suppression Unit commenced an investigation.
On Saturday, August 10, 2019, a Criminal Code search warrant was executed at an address in the Jane Street and Lawrence Ave West area.
Kenniel Lloyd McLennon, 30, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly not Holding Licence and Registration Certificate
2. Knowingly Manufacture Firearm
3. Knowingly Manufacture Ammunition
4. Use Firearm Carelessly
5. Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
6. Carry Concealed Weapon
7. Careless Storage of Firearm
8. Careless Storage of Ammunition
He was scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Monday, August 12, 2019, at 10 a.m.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Kevin Moore, West Command, Gun Violence Suppression Unit