Person with a knife investigation,
Yonge/ Bloor Subway Station,
Man, 23, arrested
Broadcast time: 19:33
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Case #: 2019-1571469
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest.
It was reported that:
- on Sunday, August 18, 2019, at 2:47 p.m., a male passenger on board a TTC subway train, began yelling and swearing, and pacing around the subway car
- the man then pulled a large kitchen knife from a duffel bag and continued pacing
- other passengers on the train notified TTC officials who called police
- the man placed the knife back into the duffel bag and fled the train and the subway station before officers arrived
See previous release.
On Monday, August 19, 2019, Worawut Choeipho, 23, of Toronto, was arrested by 14 Division officers.
He has been charged with:
1. Carry Concealed Weapon
2. Possess weapon dangerous to the public peace
3. Mischief / Obstruct Property Not Exceeding $5000.00
He was scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at College Park Courts, at 10:00 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Police Constable Jacob Conliffe, 51 Division